Heads up Vikings, as Ubisoft has dropped the new update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, bringing additional free content to the game for all players: a new game mode, Jomsviking upgrades, new abilities and rewards, and two new unlockable buildings in the Settlement – the River Raid Dock and the Jomsviking Hall.
The River Raids is a permanent addition to the game and a new replayable mode enriching the raiding experience in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. The mode contains:
- Higher-stakes raids, with unique maps and rewards, in which the player can raid without impacting their main game progression and alliances in England. Unlike the original raiding feature, the raiding crew can be temporarily lost if players don’t revive them during the raid.
- A Jomsviking Crew: Recruited Jomsvikings (created by other players online) are led by the player’s personal Jomsviking Lieutenant.
- A New Longship: An all-new fully customizable longship exclusive to the game mode – whose cargo hold can be upgraded to bring more resources back from River Raids.
Finally, the update brings additional abilities and rewards:
- The Saint George Armor set and Great Sword
- 3 new Abilities, hidden in monasteries
- 2 new Settlement Buildings
- A new set of longship and player cosmetics
For a full update log, you can check out the Ubisoft Blog.
Season 2, named Ostara, will start in March 2021 with a first update bringing a festival in the Settlement, a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, new gear and cosmetic items. More information about Wrath of the Druids, the first expansion of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla releasing in Spring 2021, will come at a later time.