As announced today during the Nintendo Indie World Showcase, Axiom Verge 2 has been shadow dropped and will release for the PS4, Switch, and PC later today. As one of the more anticipated indies launching this year, fans have waited patiently, and their patience has paid off.
The game is a Metroidvania action-adventure which will feature new characters, abilities, enemies, and much more. Although appearing as a sequel from Axiom Verge, it is a standalone adventure that could be played without the original game, and is singlehandedly created by Thomas Happ.
About Axiom Verge 2:
Axiom Verge 2 is a 2D “metroidvania” action adventure. Though a sequel to Axiom Verge, is a completely new game: new characters, new abilities, new enemies, and a new world. You can play it before or after the original Axiom Verge.
The sole developer, Tom Happ, is responsible for all the music, art, game design, and programming in this game.
– Expansive non-linear exploration of a huge interconnected map.
– Hack any enemy with unique and interesting consequences for each.
– Launch a remote drone with its own separate abilities and behaviors.
– Speedrun Mode—play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
– Plus one other major feature players will be excited to discover on their own
Axiom Verge 2 is out on Nintendo Switch, PS4, PC and will be out on Playstation 5 soon.