Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia has announced that Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster is coming to the Nintendo Switch in Summer 2023.
The game includes the 2003 title, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean, with its 2006 prequel, Baten Kaitos Origins, both fully remastered for the Switch and include a range of new features implemented that help players progress through the games.
Here’s an overview of Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster:
All life will eventually return to the sea.
In a time where the seas and the earth are seen as mere relics of history and legends told by parents to children, mankind lives on a new continent floating high among the clouds.
While seemingly peaceful, this world is on the verge of being thrown into chaos by an evil plan.
When Kalas, a young boy who seeks revenge for the death of his brother and grandfather, meets Xelha, a young girl on a quest to save the world from ruin, their journey to defeat the Alfard Empire begins.
This is a story of unwavering resolve and fervent prayer, of the destruction and regeneration of the world, set in a continent floating in the sky.
Amid convenient lies and abhorrent truth, we must still find a way to survive.
The game’s protagonist, Sagi, is a new recruit to the Dark Service and is part of an elite unit of the Alfard Empire.
He and his partner, Guillo, have been framed for the murder of the Emperor, and are forced to flee for his life.
At the same time, gigantic beasts appear across the continent, wreaking havoc and throwing the land into chaos.
Who has framed Sagi? What are the “afterlings” – the giant beasts causing such mayhem? And what is causing the visions that are plaguing Sagi?
Travel across the seas of time and help Sagi uncover the truth behind the Empire.
Remastered HD Graphics
Battle backgrounds, character graphics, and some UI artwork has been re-rendered in HD to create the best-looking Baten Kaitos experience ever.
The entire game’s aspect ratio has been updated from 4:3 to 16:9. Enjoy battles in wide-screen format.
Updated graphical representations of all main characters and boss characters!
Menu screens have been overhauled, with improved layouts and a new feature to sort Magnus.
*Original graphics are reused for in-game maps, as well as some screen and character graphics.
Convenient New Features Added to Make Gameplay Smoother
With an array of new features, the game is easier to play than ever before.
- Six Different Adjustable Parameters
- Adjust parameters including game speed and random enemy encounters and save them as your favorite way to play the game. This is adjustable at any time. The adjustable parameters are as follows:
- No encounters: Turn off random enemy encounters
- Instant KO: Enable enemies to be defeated with a single strike
- Game speed: Choose from three options (100％, 200％ and 300％)
- Battle speed: Choose from three options (100％, 200％ and 300％)
- Simple battle results display: Switch to a simpler display of mid-battle results after each turn
- Auto-battle: Enable battles to be played automatically
- Autosave Feature
- Help Feature
- Check the meanings of key terms and how to play the game from within the system menu.
- “NEW GAME +” Mode
- This mode allows you to restart the game after clearing it once – carrying across level, rank, and Magnus from the initial run.
- “NEW GAME -” Mode
- This mode applies restrictions on what is available for a much more difficult challenge.
Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster is coming to the Nintendo Switch in Summer 2023.