Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios have announced that Dead Island 2 has sold over 1 million copies in just three days, which ushers a strong start for the long-awaited title.
The game endured a long and arduous development cycle, and releasing as it did to fairly good reviews is an impressive feat that reflected well to the audience, boosting game sales and hitting this sales milestone.
The developers also shared some interesting numbers about the game, detailing the total number of hours played, deaths, and even zombie limbs hacked off.
Check it out below!
- More than 1 million – copies of Dead Island 2 sold in first weekend
- 11 million – total hours played
- 28 million – total number of player deaths (over twice the population of Los Angeles)
- 45 million – zombies sliced in half
- 756 million – zombie limbs hacked off
- 1.1 billion – total number of zombies slayed
Dead Island 2 is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.