Blizzard Entertainment has released a new video from their “Inside the Game” series that talks about Diablo IV’s story and how the story between Lilith and Inarius is the darkest ever told in a Diablo game.
Diablo game director Joe Shely, associate writer Eden Trujillo, senior manager of lore Sean Copeland, and principal writer Matt Burns walk and talk us through elements of the story as they expound upon Sanctuary’s creation by Inarius and Lilith, your role as the wanderer, key characters you’ll interact with, and more.
Here are the highlights from the Diablo IV video:
- The story of Diablo IV takes place 50 years after the events of Diablo III, presenting a new plane of Hell for both veteran wanderers and newcomers alike to slay demons in.
- Players begin their journey as a wanderer in the Fractured Peaks zone, before being pulled into the monumental events that are shaking and shaping the world of Sanctuary. Rich character customization allows players to create whatever fantasy they want as they progress through the story.
- What remains of humanity is caught between this eternal battle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells, and the last of the secret order of scholars and mages known as the Horadrim aim to sway your mind against Lilith’s dark powers.
- Meet the characters who inhabit Sanctuary with the familiar Horadrim, Lorath, a new Horadrim and scholar, Donan, the young adventurer, Neyrelle, and Prava, another new character who leads the Cathedral of Light, a militaristic faction associated with following Inarius, who hopes to show you the commanding ways of the Light.
- The story unfolds during utterly tragic and apocalyptic events within Sanctuary, with the story of Lilith and Inarius being the darkest we have ever told in the series.
Diablo IV is scheduled to release on June 6, 2023 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.