Days after its cover reveal, EA Sports UFC 5 official reveal is out today. Utilizing the power of the Frostbite Engine and the all-new Real Impact System, MMA fans are treated to the most realistic mixed martial arts experience outside the Octagon.
Releasing only on the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, “this game is incredible and truly a next-generation UFC experience,” according to UFC President Dana White. The standard and deluxe editions of EA Sports UFC 5 will differ in the sheer amount of content featured, both of which are now available for pre-order.
Here are the various editions of EA Sports UFC 5:
Standard Edition ($69.99 MSRP)
- Base Game
- 2 Alter-Egos
- Five Online XP Boosts
- Muhammad Ali playable character
- The 30th Anniversary Vanity Bundle
Deluxe Edition ($99.99 MSRP)
- 3-days early access
- Fedor Emelianenko, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali
- 3 Bruce Lee Alter Egos ( Bruce Lee – Featherweight, Bruce Lee – Bantamweight, Bruce Lee – Lightweight)
- 4 Alter Egos (Jon Jones, Israel Adesanya, Alexander Volkanovski, Valentina Shevchenko)
- Origins Bundle (Conor McGregor , Leon Edwards , and 22 Vanity Items)
- 30th Anniversary Vanity Bundle (4 Vanity Items)
- Online Career Mode XP Boosts (x5)
Additionally, here’s what players can expect from EA Sports UFC 5:
Frostbite Engine and Real Impact System Enhancements:
- Frostbite Engine enhances realism with high-speed 60 frames-per-second rendering and gameplay simulation.
- Real Impact System provides EA Sports UFC 5 with definitive title-over-tile enhancement.
- Realistic blow-by-blow damage with hyper-accurate progression showing fighter deterioration over the course of fight with more than 64,000 possible facial damage combination.
- Near 1:1 representation of a Pay-Per-View main event with fluid physics and photorealistic fighter likenesses with the all-new face animation tool.
Other Key Features Include:
- Cinematic K.O. Replay: Cinematic K.O. replays showcase fight-ending finishes with intensified visuals and enhanced excitement. Presented in super slow motion with cinematic angles and lighting, the impact of fight-ending shots represents highlight reel moments recapturing the drama of a UFC fight.
- Doctor’s Checks and Stoppages: Suffering a notable injury prompts the referee to pause the fight for a ringside doctor’s inspection. Failure to adapt and protect the injury from further damage can lead to a doctor’s stoppage, which introduces true-to-sport strategic variables for players to navigate under heightened pressure.
- New Strikes and Hit Reactions: New Strike animations emulate heavy hitters, professional kickboxers, and more – coupled with new motion variations for ground and pound elbows, spinning attacks, body punches, and calf kicks. Plus, the Hit Reaction animations and physics during a frenetic fight can initiate clean connection impacts – moments players can feel with next-level immersion during gameplay.
- Seamless Submissions: Revamped Seamless Submissions extend the existing grappling system with faster animation transitions and the removal of mini-games. Grapple Assist aids beginners, while veterans can explore deeper layers. Seamless submissions provide a smoother, authentic ground game for grappling enthusiasts.
- Fight Week and Alter Egos: UFC 5‘s launch includes a revamped live service with features like Fight Week and Fight Picks tied to real-world UFC events. Alter Egos are all new versions of top fighters that capture authentic career-defining moments and provide alternative looks and associated abilities.
EA Sports UFC 5 launches on October 27, 2023 for the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. The Deluxe Edition will be available beginning October 24 on both platforms for players who pre-order.