Embracer Group continues its shopping spree, announcing that it has acquired a host of entities, including the likes of Limited Run Games, Singtrix, and even the rights to the Lord of the Rings IPs.
The announcement was made via a series of press releases on the Embracer Group website, and we’ve listed the acquisitions below:
- Middle-earth Enterprises – Owns the rights to The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit
- Limited Run Games – specializes in putting out physical versions of various games
- Tripwire Interactive – Developers of Maneater and Killing Floor
- Tuxedo Labs – Developers of Teardown
- Singtrix – “award-winning creator of industry-leading vocal processing effects technology for karaoke, gaming, and entertainment”
- Bitwave Games – “a Swedish studio with passion for retro games”
- Gioteck – “one of Europe`s leading gaming accessory brands”
- Tatsujin – First Japanese studio
The Embracer Group has also announced another acquisition of an undisclosed company in the PC and Console gaming space, with a price that is said to be “among either third or fourth largest of the Transactions.”
Of course, the biggest news here is Middle-earth Enterprises, which will give the group a massive amount of material to use.
Middle Earth Enterprises holds “a vast intellectual property catalogue and worldwide rights to motion pictures, video games, board games, merchandising, theme parks and stage productions relating to the iconic fantasy literary works The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, as well as matching rights in other Middle-earth-related literary works authorized by the Tolkien Estate and HarperCollins, which have yet to be explored.“
Just a few months ago, the Embracer Group also went on a shopping spree, embracing the likes of Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal, along with a wealth of IP like Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, and much more.