The Electronic Sports and Gaming Summit (ESGS) is set to make a grand comeback this weekend, and this jam-packed three-day gaming convention will be full of surprises, activities, merch, booths, and loot to choose from.
If you’re attending ESGS 2022 this year, here are the things you can expect from the event!
GameWellPlayed with Globe
It is truly a #GameWellPlayed with Globe as ESGS 2022’s main presenter. Aside from its partnership with ESGS, Globe Gamer Grounds is also co-presenting Astra Arena, ESGS’s very own esports stage. Together with other gaming promos, fans and convention goers can expect a lot of activities and surprises from Globe in ESGS 2022.
First PH Gaming Convention Appearance of Riot Games
Entering the Philippine gaming convention scene, Riot Games pioneered its first appearance here in ESGS 2022 as its platinum exhibitor. Aside from the activities and surprises awaiting the audience and game patrons at the Riot Games booth, they will also be hosting the ESGS 2022 Riot Games Cosplay Competition where cosplayers will show off their talents and skills as characters from the world of VALORANT and world of Runeterra. Up to P50,000 in prizes is at stake plus special rewards in the form of gaming chairs.
More exciting activities from sponsors and partners
- ASUS Republic of Gamers is ready to set the stage once again here in ESGS 2022. Citizens of the Republic will get to experience meeting their favorite gaming personalities, playing the latest games, competing in high-level tournaments plus enjoy some epic prizes and activities at their booth.
- Benj Dalmacio – Senior Business Development Manager, Level Infinite (PH) said that “We at Level Infinite are excited to finally be part of the biggest annual esports and gaming convention in the Philippines, ESGS. True to its reputation of providing the best gaming convention experience to its attendees and really upping the hype each and every year, players of our flagship games – PUBG MOBILE and Tower of Fantasy – who would join us in ESGS would surely be treated to days of endless excitement, enjoyment with their fellow players, and a chance to win and take home limited-edition premium game merch and in-game items when they participate in our booth activities”
- Call of Duty: Mobile – Garena is making its way to ESGS 2022 as all gamers are expected to fall in and be present for the roll call at the exciting Call of Duty: Mobile – Garena booth, where players can experience first-hand all the newest upcoming content. Players will also get the opportunity to meet and even play a few rounds with some of their favorite Call of Duty: Mobile personalities!
- Coming back to ESGS 2022 is Tier One Entertainment — the premier gaming entertainment company in Asia, operating at the intersection of media properties, esports, and creators across 5 countries. A few years ago, ESGS was the site of The First Drop, which gave fans a taste of what Tier One apparel and merchandise could be. Now Tier One is back with BLCKBOX, its official apparel and merchandise division that has taken the ecommerce world by storm, with your favorite Blacklist International jerseys and collaborations with internationally renowned artists Quiccs and Egg Fiasco.
- DareToDiveIn and check out the JBL Quantum booth in ESGS 2022. Fans will get to experience the JBLQuantum sound that will take them deeper into the game they play, whether it’s on PC, Console, or Mobile. They should also watch out for HUUUGE discounts during flash sales, get freebies, and more surprises from JBL Quantum!
- MSI collaborated with Gariath Concepts, ESGS 2022 organizer, to bring the MSI Gaming Arena to the Philippines. MSI’s premier esports tournament, MGA, will pit esports teams against one another for glory. MGA will feature League of Legends esports teams competing for a share of the PHP150,000 prize pool. MSI will also be showcasing the latest and exciting PC gaming hardware and gaming laptops in ESGS, allowing gamers to test them out and win exciting exclusive MSI Gaming merch at the MSI booth.
- Nexplay said that they’re very excited to be part of ESGS 2022 and mentioned that this is the perfect way to come back and engage with the different exhibitors and communities. They are also thrilled to see new innovations, new gadgets, and new games that will define the future of the gaming industry plus they are excited to see how gamers can shape the future of this evolving form of entertainment.
Viewsonic is also offering exclusive discounts on selected models for purchases at their booth plus official Lazada and Shopee stores. They also have a Snap, Post and Win promo where visitors and fans will have a chance to win Viewsonic premium items once they participate plus the ViewSonic Valorant Showmatch where 5 lucky players from ViewSonic Philippines Community will have a chance to go head-to-head with NEXPLAY ESPORTS players.
- Acer and Predator continue to strongly support the esports and gaming community in the Philippines and they are excited to be part of ESGS 2022. This year, they reimagined the Predator brand as a Meta-Metro Scene. There will be experiential booths that visitors can explore, and they will also showcase game titles such as Dota 2 and VALORANT. Special prizes will be given away plus there will be exclusive deals for Predator and Acer Nitro products during the event. Don’t miss out on their booth for a whole new gaming experience!
- Throughout the weekend, consumers can also expect exciting activities with GCash. Our favorite E-Wallet will be setting up shop to giveaway credits that can be used to level up their gaming experience. All consumers will need to do is download the GCash app and visit their booth, play their favorite game, and stand a chance to win!
- For all RO fans, be sure to visit the Ragnarok Online booth by Gravity Game Hub to get exclusive game updates, promos, and activities to win bonus items plus be up close and personal with various RO cosplayers. While competitive gamers are invited to witness their RO Asia Masters exhibition matches on October 29 at the Astra Arena stage.
- GCash and Viber users can now win instant rewards with MGames. With over 200+ casual games in the game library, users will have more chances of winning, the more they play every day. Be sure to check out MGames in ESGS 2022!
- Other participating brand sponsors such as Hoyoverse, Community Gaming and Scenius will also be joining the ESGS hype and will be giving a one-of-a-kind gaming experience for all.
Tournaments and Showmatches in Astra Arena
Any gaming convention won’t be complete without its tournaments and showmatches! Exciting and intense showmatches are bound to happen in the Astra Arena stage as Tier One, Nexplay, Rumble Royale, Tencent, and Garena have prepped something for attendees, plus tournaments from Gravity Game Hub and JBL Quantum that are surely watched out for.
Fighting Game Arena powered by REV Major
The ESGS Fighting Game Arena (FGA) returns with REV Major, the country’s biggest fighting game event up to date, as its partner. The FGA will be bringing in and featuring tournaments with some of the best fighting game titles such as Tekken 7, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Guilty Gear XRD Ver. 2, and Persona 4A.
The FGA also took a unique twist as it introduces Pinya Wars – a special fighting game event where participants can pick a side and defend their choices if they would prefer pineapples on pizza or no pineapples on pizza (the Italian way!). They will battle it out on a game of either Tekken 7, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and Guilty Gear Strive.
TI11 Watch Party in ESGS 2022
Presented by Globe at Home and in collaboration with Lupon and GG Truck, DOTA 2 fans will surely enjoy as ESGS 2022 will be having The International 11 Grand Finals watch party over the weekend where they will experience the best DOTA 2 matches from the best DOTA 2 teams from all over the world. Patrons will have the chance to engage with their co-DOTA 2 fans plus cheer and support their favorite teams.
ESGS 2022 Indie Party presented by Globe
There’s no party like an Indie party as Globe and the Game Developers Association of the Philippines (GDAP) will be housing various independent gaming developers under one roof to showcase their latest games and have congoers try it out first dibs in ESGS.
Senshi.Labs, Psychic City Games, Team Good Knight, Ranida Games, developers from known colleges and universities and more will be present at the ESGS 2022 Indie party.
Exclusive merch and discounts at the ESGS merch shop
ESGS is known to produce quality and one-of-a-kind merch that serves as a remembrance to the event patrons – most especially those who collect them all. Attendees for this year can expect a lot of merch from hoodies, stickers, shirts, tote bags, and more plus exclusive discounts galore during the event days. Globe subscribers can enjoy 10% discount on all ESGS 2022 merch once they show proof of subscription (their number, billing statement etc.) Plus, all GCash members that uses a registered Globe number as their GCash number will have an additional 5% discount!
Different merch, F&B, and artist alley
What’s a gaming convention without some merch? ESGS will house different merch and artist alley that will showcase fans’ favorite artists and their merch, art plus other gaming loot such as shirts, stickers, action figures and more! Also, no need to go out to eat as ESGS has prepared an F&B corner where attendees can fill their bellies, eat and be refreshed before checking out all parts of the event.
The Gaming Class goes on ground
As its pioneer installment last year, ESGS is bringing back The Gaming Class on ground. In collaboration with AcadArena, various professionals and notable thought leaders from the industry will talk more about their insights on the fast-paced growth and the potential future for the gaming and esports scene.
Guests and Gaming Personalities
Event attendees will have a chance to meet and greet their favorite gaming personalities – from hosts, streamers, casters, pro players, talents, content creators, cosplayers, and more!
Riot Games will be bringing some well-known personalities in the industry such as cosplayers Myrtle Sarrosa, Charess, Aryana and Kitz Cua, the voice behind Neon – Vanille Velasquez, plus well-renowned gaming and esports hosts and casters Alyza Taylor, Lykable, Asurai, Vill, and Blackenblue.
Tier One also surprised its fans as the latest MPL Season 10 champions, Blacklist International, will visit the event along with their AMPLFY creators and some of its influencers Tryke Gutierrez, Ashley Gosiengfiao, PindaPanda, Rojean, Seyrah, Elie Gaming, and a surprise guest!
Nexplay will also be bringing in some of their influencers and content creators – from Renejay, H2Wo, Micophobia, Toriyama, and more.
Freebies, giveaways, and more!
ESGS will not be complete without its freebies! Patrons and congoers should watch out for various giveaways to be given once they enter until they roam around the event. Make sure to prep your bags and hoard for goodies!
ESGS 2022 is happening on October 28-30 at the SMX Convention Center Manila.