Koelnmesse Singapore, the organizer of Gamescom Asia, has announced the first wave of participating companies and speakers for the upcoming event scheduled for October 20-23.
Some of the companies taking part in the festivities are Gamedriver, TikTok, Microsoft Xbox, Potato Play, Nuvei, Xsolla, PlayStation, 9GAG, Lai Games, Brace Yourself Games, and Hooded Horse, among others.
Alongside this lineup of game publishers and developers, over 80 industry experts are set to share their expertise on various topics, including:
- Peter Vesterbacka, Finnish mobile game developer and former MightyEagle of Rovio Entertainment Corporation (Finland), the creator of Angry Birds;
- Sarah Delahanty, Cinematic Director, Blizzard Entertainment (USA), on the cinematic storytelling process in games;
- Tim Fields, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Digital Gaming, Wizards of the Coast (Canada) on the future of game development;
- Simon Alty, Vice President & Managing Director Asia Pacific, Bethesda/ ZeniMax (Australia) on AAA game publishing;
- Hans Jagnow, Vice President Operations, ESL Pro League (Germany) on Esports Trends;
- Brigitta Rena Estidianti, Co-founder & Art Director, Mojiken Studio (Indonesia) on weaving Southeast Asian cultures into games;
- Vanessa Lorena Tate, Studio Director & Head of Eternal Games, King (UK), publishers of Candy Crush and discussing live ops strategies;
- Jad Boniface, Head of Community Expansion, Roblox (USA) on becoming architects of the metaverse.
“We are delighted to have the commitment of global leading video game players for the event. This is a testament to the increasing interest in the games market in Southeast Asia as well as in gamescom asia. With just three months before the event, the team is working hard to develop an exceptional experience for all trade visitors and the public alike. We are expecting many more companies to join us over the coming weeks in this widely anticipated event,” said Mathias Kuepper, Managing Director of Koelnmesse Singapore, the organizer of gamescom asia.
Gamescom Asia 2022 is scheduled to take place on October 20-23 at the Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre in Singapore.