Gran Turismo 7 has been in hot water as of late, owing to multiple problems that hit a fever pitch for the past week or so. These problems were not isolated issues but were instead glaring critiques at the game such as the absurd amount of grind needed to purchase cars, the online-only component that escalated due to an extended server outage, and much more.
Sony and Polyphony Digital have finally addressed the gaming public about these problems, and are promising a number of changes.
As announced on the PlayStation Blog, the first course of action is a compensation reward of 1 Million Cr that will be available to players that meet certain conditions (Limit 1 per person. Must own a digital or physical copy of GT7 for PS4 or PS5 prior to the publication of this post (Friday, 25 March at 1:00am PST) and log into Gran Turismo 7 between Friday, March 25 at 5:00pm JST/8:00am GMT/ 1:00am PDT and Monday, April 25 at 5:00pm JST/8:00am GMT/ 1:00am PDT to receive the free credit pack).
The next step is to put out a “considerable” patch in early April and will contain the following updates:
- Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
- Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
- Increase of rewards in Online Races.
- Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
- Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
- Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.
The number of events will also be increased and the balanced reward system will also be included in this patch. Starting today until the end of April, a few more additional patches will be implemented that will add new cars and course layouts, along with other fixes.
Polyphony went on to provide a glimpse at the near-term (no exact date yet) updates for Gran Turismo 7, which will include the following:
- Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
- Further World Circuit event additions.
- Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
- Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
- Make it so cars can be sold.
Gran Turismo 7 is now available for the PS4 and PS5.