Hearthstone has been bringing in a bunch of new updates in recent months and on October 12, it will be introducing an all-new game mode called Hearthstone Mercenaries.
Mercenaries will combine RPG and roguelike elements into a free-to-play mode that won’t require any decks to enjoy.
Interestingly, Diablo and other well-known personalities like Sylvanas and The Lich Kind will be available to use for Mercenaries.
An overview of the features for Hearthstone Mercenaries is as follows:
- Powerful Starter Squad: Upon completing the combat and village tutorials, all players will receive eight well-rounded starting Mercenary Cards.
- Fast-paced Turn-based Combat: In head-to-head battles, players choose their moves simultaneously (actions with lower Speed ratings trigger first), until their opponent is defeated.
- Progression: Mercenaries gain experience for defeating enemies and max out at Level 30.
- Collect ‘em all: A variety of tasks and Bounties grant Mercenary Coins that can be spent to craft additional Rare, Epic, and Legendary Mercenary Cards. New Mercenaries can also be obtained from Mercenaries Packs, with a guaranteed Mercenary Card or Mercenary Portrait in each pack.
- It Takes a Village: In the Village, the main hub for Mercenaries, players can manage their collection, collect task rewards, upgrade buildings, set off on Bounties, and so much more!
For more information on the mode, you can check out the gameplay blog post on the official website.