Riot Games has kicked off the start of League of Legends and LoL Esports Season 2023 on January 10, which will act as the official beginning of the League of Legends Ranked and tournament season for both everyday and professional players.
The 2023 season of League of Legends will see a number of updates, including the Ahri ASU (Art and Sustainability Update), the Aurelion Sol CGU (Comprehensive Gameplay Update), the Mid-Year Ranked Reset, the 2023 Champion roadmap, and more.
League of Legends Season 2023 Ranked Rewards
Start your climb up Ranked with the Season 2023 missions and earn the following rewards:
- 2 Hextech chests and keys
- 6 icons – Precision Icon, Domination Icon, Sorcery Icon, Resolve Icon, Inspiration Icon, Rune Book Icon
- 3000 Blue Essence
- 8 Champion shards – Yasuo, Zed, Sejuani, Pantheon, Wukong, Aatrox, Yorick, Katrina
- Season 2023 Kickoff Icon and Season 2023 Icon
- Mark Maker Ward skin
League of Legends Season 2023 Champions Update
- Ahri’s ASU is almost here! Look forward to updates on her base, skins, VFX, splashes, and all nine tails.
Players can also look forward to more mid-scope updates to freshen up older champions’ gameplay fantasies and to modernize the roster overall.
- Aurelion Sol mains can expect a completely updated ability kit for the Star Forger in his upcoming CGU.
- League’s Champions team continues to invest in their goals of making a more diverse champion pool that’s inclusive of all cultures, genders, and in-game skill levels for every role. In 2023, players can expect new champions Milio, a male enchanter from Ixtal, and Naafiri, a female midlane Darkin assassin.
League of Legends Season 2023 Skins Update
- Kalista, Aurelion Sol, Ivern, and Kled will be getting skins!
- Skin thematics coming in 2023 include the new Faerie Realms skinline and the fan-favorite Cats vs. Dogs skinline.
- For the first event of the new year, Lunar Gods and Mythmakers descend upon the Rift. Look forward to the following skins in patch 13.1 and 13.2:
- Lunar Empress Ashe
- Lunar Guardian Kha’Zix
- Lunar Empress Qiyana
- Lunar Guardian Malphite
- Lunar Emperor Thresh
- Mythmaker Galio
- Mythmaker Garen
- Mythmaker Irelia (Legendary)
- Mythmaker Sivir
- Mythmaker Zyra
- Prestige Mythmaker Sivir
- Prestige Porcelain Lissandra
League of Legends Season 2023 Ranked Update
Starting this year, the two Ranked Splits will have a Ranked Reset in between, with rewards to match, in an effort to bring League up to modern-day expectations and to address pain points around the stress of avoiding decay or demotion in the middle of the year.
Ranked Reset: When Split 2 of the Ranked season starts, the reset will not be as heavy as the one in January given that the game won’t change dramatically enough to warrant making players re-earn their rank to the same extent. The Mid-Year Reset will also be even less significant if a player hasn’t played many games since January.
Rewards: Players can now earn full ranked rewards for each Ranked Split, including icons & emotes, Ranked borders, and a Ranked skin. This means there will be two skins for Ranked this year, as well as some extra rewards for the climb. In addition to this, players will no longer have to reach the Gold rank requirement to earn a Ranked skin and can instead, earn it based on a rank-dependent number of Ranked games played. Chromas will still be granted based on your final rank at the end of the Split.
Season 2023 Kickoff Event
From January 10-11, the LCS, LEC, LCK, LPL, LJL, CBLOL, LLA, PCS, and VCS will host a special two-day broadcasted event previewing the 2023 season and highlighting the players to watch this year, giving fans a first look at Season 2023 on the Rift, and a peek at what’s in store for LoL Esports in 2023.
The Kickoff event will replace the League of Legends All-Star Event.
The League of Legends 2023 Season starts on January 10, 2023.