Final Fantasy XVI is now available worldwide, and millions around the world are finally able to experience Clive Rosfield’s adventure throughout Valisthea. With over 3 million copies shipped and sold over just its first week alone, it’s safe to say that the game is enjoying a successful launch.
Apart from actually playing the game, one thing that many players have looked forward to is the release of the Final Fantasy XVI Collector’s Edition. Fetching a hefty price of $350, or PHP19,990 at local retailers in the Philippines, the package is certainly for fans of the series that don’t mind shelling out some serious cash.
The Final Fantasy XVI Collector’s Edition includes the following:
- Collector’s Box – A beautiful metallic-sheen box featuring impressive artwork by legendary FINAL FANTASY series illustrator, Yoshitaka Amano
- Base game package, including reversible cover art
- 3 / 4 Premium Statue – Phoenix vs Ifrit – A premium statue depicting a battle between two eikons – Phoenix and Ifrit
- Metal Eikon Pin Collection – A premium metal pin collection featuring eight eikons
- Special Clive Rosfield SteelBook Case – A SteelBook case featuring the artwork of Clive Rosfield, the protagonist
- Cloth World Map of Valisthea – A cloth map of Valisthea where the story unfolds
- Blood Sword (Weapon) DLC – The fabled scarlet steel of Firion, hero of Final Fantasy II.
For the price, the Final Fantasy XVI Collector’s Edition is quite expensive compared to other titles that have roughly the same amount of items. Then again, Square Enix items really command a certain price point, and this isn’t any different. You’re getting a fantastic title along with a stunningly detailed statue, so this is really for the most dedicated of collectors.
Without further ado, Let’s Unbox the Final Fantasy XVI Collector’s Edition!
Final Fantasy XVI Collector’s Edition
First off, and possibly one of the best parts of the package, is this gorgeous box adorned with the artwork of legendary series illustrator Yoshitaka Amano. We get to see the legendary summons, or Eikons as they’re called in the game, fill the shiny metallic-finish box.
Before opening it up, there’s a nice external pack that contains the retail version of the game. It also comes with a digital code for in-game bonus items.
As we open up the box, we’re greeted with another small box designed with Clive Rosfield at the front.
Opening that up reveals multiple items, first of which is the metal Eikon pin collection that players can use to decorate various items. Who’s your favorite Eikon?
Next up, the cloth map of Valisthea!
The next one is the lovely steelbook case that features a fiery Clive Rosfield on the outside and Ifrit in the inside. Take note that this design is different from the other steelbook that players get from other retailers.
Of course, the crowning jewel of the Final Fantasy XVI Collector’s Edition – the 3 / 4 Premium Statue of Phoenix vs Ifrit. While the size is rather disappointing, it truly makes up for it with the details. From the Phoenix feathers that have gradient colors to Ifrit’s fiery embers, this statue is a solid display piece that we really wish could have been bigger.
And the full spread…
And there you have it, the Final Fantasy XVI Collector’s Edition. What do you think? Is it worth the money or it it too expensive for what it includes?
Final Fantasy XVI is now available for the PS5.