Dubbed as Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition, the upgrade is free for console users who already own the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. It boasts of a performance mode that will run the game in 2160p and 60 fps, while a beauty mode will see the game run at up to 4K with a dynamic resolution and 30 fps.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition will also include the following upgrades:
- Beauty Mode – Little Nightmares II runs at 30fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray Tracing.
- Performance Mode – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray Tracing.
- Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to provide a reflection. Its clarity and definition depend on surfaces.
- Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disturbed by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
- Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically affected by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and eddy behind them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
- Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, creating a more involving experience when listening via 5.1 /7.1 audio systems or headphones.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition is now available for the PS5, Xbox Series, and PC.