Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe has announced that the next-gen version of Little Nightmares II is now available for the PS5, Xbox Series, and PC.
Dubbed as Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition, the upgrade is free for console users who already own the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. It boasts of a performance mode that will run the game in 2160p and 60 fps, while a beauty mode will see the game run at up to 4K with a dynamic resolution and 30 fps.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition will also include the following upgrades:
- Beauty Mode – Little Nightmares II runs at 30fps at 4K resolution with optimized Ray Tracing.
- Performance Mode – Locks the game at 60fps. Dynamic resolution up to 4K to maintain 60fps with Ray Tracing.
- Ray-Traced Reflections – Allows any shiny surface to provide a reflection. Its clarity and definition depend on surfaces.
- Volumetric Shadows – Increased resolution of volumetric shadows. Light rays are disturbed by objects and characters moving in front of a strong light source.
- Interactive Particles – Particles are more abundant and dynamically affected by Mono, Six and the main antagonists. Particles swim and eddy behind them, creating a more realistic and immersive environment.
- Immersive Audio – New immersive 3D soundscape mix, creating a more involving experience when listening via 5.1 /7.1 audio systems or headphones.
Little Nightmares II Enhanced Edition is now available for the PS5, Xbox Series, and PC.