Its been quite the puzzle to figure out what Konami has been up to these days and apart from the many troubles from their free-to-play football title called… well, eFootball, they’ve been mostly silent. A recent announcement has broken their silence, and it isn’t quite the good news that many were hoping from them.
Konami has announced that Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 will be removed from digital storefronts temporarily to renew some licenses from the game, particularly that of historical archive footage used in the game. The removal will start from November 8 until an unspecified date.
You can view the full announcement below:
Affected Metal Gear Solid Titles
Since both of these titles are also part of bigger collections, the temporary removal will affect all of the following:
- PlayStation 3 MGS 2 SONS OF LIBERTY HD EDITION
- PlayStation 3 MGS 3 SNAKE EATER HD EDITION
- PlayStation 3 MGS HD EDITION
- PlayStation Vita MGS 2 SONS OF LIBERTY HD EDITION
- PlayStation Vita MGS 3 SNAKE EATER HD EDITION
- PlayStation Vita MGS HD COLLECTION
- PlayStation Now MGS HD COLLECTION
- Xbox 360 MGS HD EDITION: 2 & 3
- Nintendo 3DS MGS SNAKE EATER 3D
- GOG.com MGS 2 SUBSTANCE
- NVIDIA SHIELD MGS 2 HD for SHIELD TV
- NVIDIA SHIELD MGS 3 HD for SHIELD TV
Until such time that Konami remedies the situation, we could be saying goodbye to these Metal Gear Solid titles for the foreseeable future.