After what seemed to be a disappointing revelation that the upcoming Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 will be running at 720p, Konami has since clarified things to clear the air about how the games will perform.
According to a report from VGC, here is the breakdown of performance across all platforms:
- PS4 / PS5 – 1080p at 60 fps target
- Xbox Series – 1080p at 60 fps target
- PC – 1080p at 60 fps target
- Switch (Docked) – 1080p at 30 fps target
- Switch (Handheld) – 720p at 30 fps target
While not the 4K resolution that fans would have wanted, hearing that the collection will run at 1080p 60 fps for the current-gen systems is certainly good news. It’s not perfect, but most fans will take it after initial reports of 720p on all platforms.
Will you be playing Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 when it comes out?