Yacht Club Games is finally creating something new that doesn’t have “Shovel Knight” attached to it as Mina The Hollower was announced for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC. No release window has been specified yet.
The game features many influences to classic Game Boy and NES games such as Zelda and Castlevania, with great 8-Bit graphics in a top-down adventure style title.
The game is heading over to Kickstarter to meet its goal of $311,503, which is almost completely funded already as of writing.
Mina The Hollower Features
- Hauntingly authentic 8-bit visuals in the style of Game Boy Color, refined for the modern era.
- Modern touches abound: detailed animation, widescreen visuals, and rock-solid controls!
- Leap, dodge, and burrow through the ground to battle monsters or navigate the world.
- Lash at foes with your trusty whip, Nightstar—or choose from an arsenal of weapons, each with a totally different move set.
- Discover and utilize a reliquary’s worth of unusual Sidearms to gain the advantage in combat.
- Collect and equip Trinkets to acquire a variety of exotic effects. Level Mina up to suit your unique playstyle.
- Electrifying MSX-style soundtrack by chiptune virtuoso, Jake Kaufman.
- Descend into the depths of madness with a bone-chilling, yet heartwarming tale inspired by Victorian Gothic horror.
- Explore a huge, dark world brimming with secrets, challenging battles, and interconnected level design.
Mina The Hollower is set to release for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC.