Capcom has announced that the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak free title update 4 will launch on February 7, 2023.
As part of the free update for Sunbreak, Velkhana and Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax will be added to the game, along with other new additions.
Here’s an overview of the free title update 4 for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak:
- New Monster – Velkhana – Known as the “Ice Dragons that Freeze All” or the “Iceborne Wyvern,” there exist few records of Velkhana, as such, they remain shrouded in mystery. Their icy breath is so cold that it can form massive spires and walls of ice out of nowhere, and is even powerful enough to freeze other monsters. Some reports indicate that Velkhana will freeze their rivals in order to establish their domain.
- New Monster – Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax – Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax are elder dragons that have found a way to overcome their affliction. By suppressing the Qurio virus, they have gained great strength and new abilities. Their abundance of dragon energy has granted them greater agility, and even more devastating explosive powers.
- Afflicted “Chaotic Gore Magala will appear in Anomaly Research Quests
- Added A8★ Anomaly Quests and Raised Level Cap for Anomaly Investigations
- New event quests will be added
- New paid DLC containing layered armor sets, gestures, poses, and much more.
Capcom is also holding a gift campaign that will allow players to get a Palamute Layered Armor Set of Velkhana before it is officially released at a later date. Starting February 2 until February 6, players will simply need to register for a Capcom ID. More details about the campaign can be found HERE.
Monster Hunter Rise is now available for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC.