Over the weekend, Capcom had a special Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin presentation, which featured producer Ryozo Tsujimoto and director Kenji Oguro as they outlined interesting new information about the game, as well as its post-launch plans, which contains 5 free title updates spanning all the way until October.
Monster Hunter Stories 2 is launching on July 9, and shortly after, the game will get its first update on July 15, which adds a new Monstie, Palamute. The succeeding free title updates will continue all the way from August until October, and this schedule may be subject to change depending on the prevailing conditions.
Monster Hunter Stories 2 Roadmap
Update #1: Available 15 July 2021
- New Monstie: Palamute – By hatching an egg that you can find during the featured Co-Op Expedition Quest, you will be able to add a Palamute to your party as a Monstie!
- Co-Op Quests will be available after reaching certain game progress.
Update #2: Available 5 August 2021
- Co-Op Quest exclusive monster: Kulve Taroth – Kulve Taroth will not be available as a Monstie, but you can get special materials by slaying it, which can be used to forge powerful equipment.
- New Monstie: Hellblade Glavenus
- New Monstie: Boltreaver Astalos
Update #3: Available Early September 2021
- New Monstie: Soulseer Mizutsune
- New Monstie: Elderfrost Gammoth
- New Monstie: Oroshi Kirin
Update #4: Available Late September 2021
- New Monstie: Dreadking Rathalos
- New Monstie: Molten Tigrex
- High difficulty Co-Op Quest exclusive monster: Kulve Taroth
Update #5: Available October 2021
- New Monstie: Silver Rathalos
- New Monstie: Gold Rathian
- High difficulty Co-Op Quest exclusive monster: ???
If you haven’t yet, check out the free demo available now on the Nintendo eShop.
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin will release on July 9 for the Nintendo Switch and PC.