After weeks of leaks, Warner Bros. has officially revealed MultiVersus, its upcoming ‘Smash Bros.’ style fighter for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC in 2022.
The game is set to feature deep combat mechanics and will feature a mostly cooperative take on 2v2 gameplay. Fighters will have customizable movesets that will work well with others to form surprising combos. MultiVersus will also feature 1v1 fights and a 4-player free for all mode.
MultiVersus Confirmed Characters and Voice Cast
As of writing, the list of confirmed characters are the following:
- Batman (DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains)
- Superman (DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains)
- Wonder Woman (DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains)
- Harley Quinn (DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains)
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo)
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones)
- Tom and Jerry (Tom and Jerry)
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time)
- Steven Universe (Steven Universe)
- Garnet (Steven Universe)
- Reindog (Original)
Additionally, MultiVersus will feature an all-star cast of talent lending their voices to the game, including Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Arkham series) as Batman, George Newbern (Justice League vs. the Fatal Five, Injustice 2) as Superman, Abby Trott (Carmen Sandiego) as Wonder Woman, Tara Strong (Batman Ninja, Batman: Arkham series) as Harley Quinn, Matthew Lillard (Scooby-Doo) as Shaggy, Eric Bauza (Looney Tunes cartoons) as Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry, Maisie Williams (Game of Thrones) as Arya Stark, John DiMaggio (Adventure Time) as Jake the Dog, Jeremy Shada (Adventure Time) as Finn the Human, Daniel DiVenere (Spirit Riding Free) as Steven Universe, Estelle (Steven Universe) as Garnet and Andrew Frankel (Jellystone) as Reindog.
MultiVersus is set to release in 2022 for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.