Over the past couple of weeks, NBA 2K22 has been steadily serving up more information on its latest installment, and this time around, we get an update on one of the more popular modes of the game, MyTEAM.
As seen in the latest Courtside Report, MyTEAM in NBA 2K22 will include a new multiplayer mode, MyTEAM Draft, and the upcoming $250,000 MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament for players to compete in, with one track on PlayStation 4/Xbox One consoles and another track on the PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X|S consoles.
A summary of the NBA 2K22 MyTEAM updates include:
- MyTEAM Draft: Offers a new multiplayer mode where players pick a full lineup of Player Cards. Every Draft will net players a guaranteed League Pack and at least a single pick on a Draft-exclusive Ascension;
- Triple Threat Online: The 100 is a new take on the 3-on-3 mode where great defense earns players even more rewards;
- Season 1: Call to Ball: Earn new Seasonal Player Reward Cards, such as a Kobe Bryant 93-rated Free Agent card that will lead players’ starting lineups or reach Level 40 to gain a Pink Diamond Carmelo Anthony;
- Community Logos: Players who have received in-game verification will now have their logos appear next to their usernames in MyTEAM, with opportunities for players to gain this recognition throughout the year as chosen by the NBA 2K Community Team;
- New challenges, agendas, rewards, events, and more player & team customization throughout the year.
Cross-gen progress transfer is also available for consoles within the same family, meaning players who started out on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be able to pick up where they left off when playing on the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series.
NBA 2K22 will release on September 10 for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC.