Visual Concepts and 2K have revealed new details about the new “City” in coming to the PS5 and Xbox Series in NBA 2K23.
This overhauled version of The City for NBA 2K23 will see a lot of fan feedback answered, starting by making it slightly smaller and more navigable, thus getting players in and out of games and activities much faster. The City will also play host to 4 new affiliation boroughs, each with its own distinct look and theme that epitomizes its style and essence.
Here are some of the highlights NBA 2K23 players on current generation consoles can look forward to:
- Traversal Times: Based on community feedback, the City is slightly smaller than in NBA 2K22 to provide a better experience. Also, Fast Travel stations have been added to quickly jump around the City;
- Affiliation Boroughs: Completely revamped boroughs have relocated and turned thematic destinations that really touch upon the true essence of each borough;
- The Block and Theater: The new mecca of competition, the Block, is located in the exact center of the City where players can find all of the great content in one central hub. The Theater replaces the warehouse buildings and will serve as a hub to play instant matchmaking games. Every Friday, the four-event playlist will completely swap out to four new events.
- Dreamville Studio: Founded by Grammy-nominated artist and producer J. Cole, Dreamville Studio is a location MyPLAYERs will gain access to if they prove they have what it takes to befriend J. Cole in MyCAREER during their quest to win over the City.
- The Arena: New location where to play MyCAREER games, the Arena provides a pre-game atmosphere with a sprawling plaza out front. To prepare for the game, players will enter and show off their fit in front of the waiting media, complete any available quests, and more, followed by taking questions from the media post-game.
- Event Center and Jordan Challenge Building: The Event Center’s all-new design and look adds a whole new level of flair, fitting for such an important building, while the Jordan Challenge Building will provide players with easy-access to the new in-game mode.
NBA 2K23 will be available on September 9, 2022 for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, and PC.