EA and Criterion Games have announced that Need for Speed Unbound, the latest edition in the long-running franchise, is coming to the PS5, Xbox Series, and PC via the EA app, Origin, Steam, and Epic Game Store for $69.99 on December 2, 2022.
This latest release will put players in the driver’s seat of their own street racing fantasy as they outsmart cops and prove they have what it takes to win The Grand, Lakeshore’s ultimate street racing challenge.
The game will feature an all-new visual style that blends elements of street art with the most realistic-looking cars in the history of the franchise, along with a single-player campaign that will showcase an immersive narrative experience as players race, collect, upgrade, and customize their dream vehicles in stunning 4K resolution and 60FPS gameplay.
Need for Speed Unbound will include the following features:
- The World is Each Player’s Canvas: Graffiti comes to life in a new art style as players ride through the city equipped with a brand-new toolkit of high-energy visual and sound effects, like Burst Nitrous, which rewards players with style-based boost, reflecting how they drive.
- Run the Streets: The more players race, the more heat they build up. Choose to outdrive or outsmart cops using new escape mechanics to take control of the chase to earn big rewards or even bigger consequences for getting busted.
- Self-Expression and Style: Hundreds of cosmetic items including exclusive licensed gear from some of the world’s pioneering fashion innovators and custom automotive gear companies give players endless options to not only kit out their car but show off their personal style in game.
- Find Freedom in the Flow: Ride to a genre-defying soundtrack of trailblazing artists from the world of hip-hop led by multi-hyphenated artist, entrepreneur, actor, and fashion icon A$AP Rocky and his creative agency AWGE, including the world premiere of A$AP Rocky’s brand new track “Shttin’ Me”, also featured in the reveal trailer.
- Takeover Scene featuring A$AP Rocky: A$AP Rocky will appear in-game as the leader of the Takeover Scene, a new replayable precision driving mode that brings together the community to take over parts of the city and celebrate driving with style over pure speed. AWGE also functioned as creative consultants on the game.
Need for Speed Unbound is now available for pre-order, which will award players with an exclusive pack of Unbound content, including a driving effects pack, decals, license plate, banner artwork, stickers, and $150,000 in their wallet when they first join multiplayer, and more.
A special deluxe offering called the “Palace Edition,” created in partnership with Palace Skateboards, will offer players exclusive content, including four stunning custom cars, a clothing pack, driving effect, decals and license plate, character pose, and banner artwork for $79.99.
EA Play members can play Need for Speed Unbound early with a 10-hour trial starting November 29, 2022.
Need for Speed Unbound will be released on December 2, 2022 for the PS5, Xbox Series, and PC.