Blizzard Entertainment has announced that Overwatch 2: Invasion, the latest release for the team-based action game, is now available for all players.
The sixth season of the game brings with it the broadest amount of content in series history, adding three Invasion Story Missions, a new Peruvian support hero, Illari, two huge maps in the new Flashpoint PvP mode, and much more.
Here’s an overview of the updates in Overwatch 2: Invasion:
- Overwatch 2: Invasion Story Missions: Players will travel to Rio, Toronto, and Gothenburg as they explore the beginning of the story of Overwatch 2. Featuring all-new cinematics and hundreds of new voice lines, players can explore the start of the Overwatch 2 storyline with friends.
- New Support Hero, Illari: The 38th hero to join the game’s roster, Illari is Overwatch’s first Peruvian hero. Drawing her power from the sun, her medium- and long-range abilities allow her to both heal and harm as she sees fit.
- New PvP mode, Flashpoint: Two new maps enter the PvP rotation with Flashpoint—Suravasa and New Junk City! Players will fight for capture points in this non-linear PvP map experience, testing team coordination and creativity in brand-new ways across Overwatch 2’s largest PvP maps ever.
- Underworld co-op mission: Join your friends in a limited-time Event mission that takes place in a previously unexplored area of King’s Row and face-off against new enemies from Null Sector. Weekly modifiers will be applied, giving players new challenges all season long!
- New Hero Progression System: Gain experience with your favorite heroes and progress your overall player level to earn unique Name Cards and other rewards. The new progression system tracks and displays players’ gameplay style and progress for each of the game’s 38 heroes through an all-new interface.
Coming later this season is Hero Mastery: Winston, Mercy, Reinhardt, Sojourn, and Tracer players can hone their skills and climb the Hero leaderboard, with more heroes to be added in the future!
Additionally, Overwatch 2: Invasion bundles are available now for digital purchase, and include one or more items to aid in the fight against the Omnic forces:
- Invasion Bundle: Includes all Overwatch 2: Invasion Story Missions, 1,000 coins, 1 Legendary Skin, and a Sojourn Hero unlock.
- Invasion Ultimate Bundle: Includes all Story Missions, 2,000 coins, 2 Legendary Skins, a Sojourn Hero unlock, and the Premium Battle Pass plus 20 tier skips.
- Invasion Premium Battle Pass: Includes instant access to the new hero Illari, plus the all-new Mythic A-7000 Wargod Ana Skin, 5 Legendary Skins, 90 tiers of rewards through the Premium Battle Pass, a 20% Battle Pass XP Boost, and 2,000 OW Credits.
Overwatch 2: Invasion is now available.