Following a number of Super Mario removals, including Super Mario 35, the latest property to come in will be Bandai Namco’s famous pellet-eating mascot, Pac-Man.
Nintendo announced it on Twitter, Pac-Man 99 is the battle royale equivalent of the game, featuring similar game mechanics like Super Mario 35 and Tetris 99 before it, where you’ll be able to take on other players to be the last Pac-Man standing. The game, like others, will be a Nintendo Switch Online exclusive, so you’ll need to be subscribed to the service to play.
An overview of the game from its eShop page reads:
A 99-player online PAC-MAN battle royale!
– 40 years after the classic Pac-phenomenon rocked the gaming world, PAC-MAN is back in a new 99-man battle royale. Get back in the maze and chase down the iconic ghosts. Who will be the last PAC-MAN standing?
Switch between eight different strategies and send Jammer Pac-Man to get in your opponents’ way!
– Eat a Power Pellets to turn the ghosts blue and make them vulnerable. Eat them to send Jammer – – Pac-Man to your opponents! The more ghosts you eat, the more Jammers you’ll send!
Eat a Ghost Train for a huge comeback!
– Gain the upper hand by switching between eight different preset strategies: speed up, send extra Jammers, and more. Switching at just the right moment could give you an edge over your rivals!
Make the game look like your favorite NAMCO classics!
– You can purchase downloadable custom themes based on Xevious, GALAGA, Dig Dug, and more to change the look of the game.
– There are twenty different classic themes in all! Plus, they do more than change the graphics! Check out the sounds too!
– Which classic NAMCO title is the one for you?
Pac-Man 99 is coming to the Nintendo Switch starting April 7, time zones may vary.