PBA Basketball Slam: Arcade Edition is officially available on Steam Early Access. Ranida Games, the Filipino independent game studio, mentioned its release on Steam early in August.
The game is a 2-on-2 arcade-style full court basketball game based on the mobile PBA Philippine Slam 2020! – Basketball. The Steam version carries over and enhances the exaggerated gameplay which includes high-flying dunks and epic moves.
PBA Basketball Slam: Arcade Edition gives players the opportunity to play with up to four players via local multiplayer or online via Steam’s Remote Play Together.
The Early Access version features:
- PBA teams and roster
- 2-on-2 arcade-style full-court basketball gameplay
- 6 free court locations to play
- Full controller support
- Option to use keyboard on single-player mode
- Local Multiplayer mode, supporting up to four players
- Play online using Steam Remote Play
- English, Tagalog, Spanish, and Portuguese language support
Upon the official release, the game will get additional features which will become a free update for Early Access owners. Some of these full release features include:
- Campaign mode
- Create Player feature
- Shops and locker feature
- More basketball court locations
- More music and voice-overs
- More polished gameplay and user interface
PBA Basketball Slam: Arcade Edition is available for PHP 159.95/USD 4.99 on Steam. It currently has a special launch week promotion which slashes off 25% off its regular price.