SEGA has revealed new gameplay mechanics ahead of Persona 5 Tactica launch on November 17, 2023.
This overview includes a list of new features, including new enemies, contraptions, new combat mechanics, and a plethora of benefits for your team members.
- New and Unique Enemies – Unique enemies like the Sumo-maton hurls enemies at your party; Guarded Geisha is a a defensive unit who nullifies all physical attacks (gun, melee, and skill); and the Slimy Shinobi, a clone user.
- Countless Contraptions – Levels come equipped with contraptions that trigger area effects. Surveillance Cameras summon reinforcements when you enter their line of sight; Exploding Barrels with ignite with an amount of damage; Elevators move with a touch of a button, and Jump Pads send you flying to one location to the next.
New Team Bonuses:
- Wait A Turn To Charge – If a character ends a turn without taking actions, they will receive a charge bonus, bolstering their actions. Characters gain specific bonuses such as Erina can down enemies in cover and Ryuji will deal more melee damage and causes larger knockback.
- Equippable Sub-Personas – The Phantom Thieves can equip Sub-Personas to increase stats and use the persona’s unique and inherited active skills such as Dia and Zio that cost AP while passive skills will activate automatically. As you choose which skills to inherit, find the optimum combination for your team!
- Forging Weapons in the Velvet Room – Personas who meet specific requirements can now be fused together to create weapons. These weapons can receive affinities that are stronger than conventional weapons found in shops.
- Retry Different Stages – On Hard Mode and above, enemies will have more health and deal stronger damage. Friendly fire is active, so take care not to harm your allies. However, with the Retry function, you can attempt a stage as many times as you like!
Persona 5 Tactica pre-orders are now available and receive a limited pre-order bonus! Players who pre-order will receive Orpheus Picaro and Izanagi Picaro while supplies last. You can pre-order through the Microsoft Store, PSN, and Steam. Nintendo Switch users can add Persona 5 Tactica on their wish lists.
Persona 5 Tactica launches on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, and the PC on November 17, 2023.