Skyrim is back (again) and this time, to celebrate 10 awesome years of mods and content, Bethesda details the inclusions of the upcoming Skyrim Anniversary Edition that will serve as the definitive edition for fans of the game.
Previously thought to be a free upgrade for those with the Special Edition, the Skyrim Anniversary Edition will include a host of new content that makes it more than just a re-release of the game.
Owners of the Special Edition will enjoy 4 free creation club pieces:
- Saints & Seducers – “this creation introduces an additional storyline across two quests (complete with side quests) for players to delve into.”
- Rare Curios – “the Rare Curios creation brings additional goods imported from all over Tamriel to Skyrim’s Khajiit Caravans.”
- Survival Mode – “Players must wear warm gear and seek shelter in cold climates to keep from freezing to death, as well as mind their hunger and exhaustion on top of the usual threats like pesky bandits and ambushing dragons.”
- Fishing – “Skyrim’s all-new Fishing mode creation lets you angle over 20 unique aquatic species across the area’s many bodies of water.”
Skyrim Anniversary Edition Contents
The Skyrim Anniversary Edition will contain all of the contents from the Special Edition (including the ones mentioned above) along with all previously released Creation Club creations for Skyrim, which will include new content like the following:
- Ghosts of the Tribunal – “earn over a dozen new weapons and armors previously featured in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind”
- The Cause – “encounter the Mythic Dawn, who aim to form a new Oblivion gate, and features brand new enemies, locations, and weapons – not to mention a conjurable Daedric horse”
If you already own the Special Edition, an Anniversary Edition upgrade will be made available. Next-gen upgrade details for the PS5 and Xbox Series will arrive at a later date and pricing for the Anniversary Edition is not yet known at this point.