SEGA has announced that Sonic’s Birthday Bash update for Sonic Frontiers is now available.
The massive update, which includes new actions and open-zone gameplay features, can be downloaded for free for all players.
Check out all of the included features for the Sonic Frontiers DLC below:
- Birthday Party Decoration – Switch the islands’ appearance and Sonic’s outfit to a birthday theme.
- Action Chain Challenge – Enjoy using Score Attacks across the Starfall Islands in this entertaining, new feature.
- New Skill: Spin Dash – Spin Dashes allow you to attack enemies while moving. This will speed up your adventure to new heights, so try to find out how to unlock it!
- New Collectable Koco – New types of Koco can now be found across the Starfall Islands. Bringing them to Elder Koco will increase Sonic’s boost gauge.
- Status Map – Your progress, such as the number of guardians or Portal missions cleared, will now be displayed when moving between islands, during the island selection screen, or after clearing an island.
- “Frontier Elite” costume – After fulfilling various conditions, you will be rewarded with the “Frontier Elite” costume. Enjoy Sonic Frontiers to the fullest to obtain this rare prize!
- New Game+ – New Game+ can now be selected from the title screen after beating the game. This mode allows players to start from the beginning while keeping their skills and upgrades from the previous playthrough.
- Various Additional Features and Improvements
- The deceleration speed when jumping can now be changed.
- An icon will now be displayed when new content is added to Extras.
- Music shifts in Cyber Space caused by certain effects can now be toggled on and
- Adjusted the difficulty of the towers on Rhea Island when playing on Easy.
- An icon will now be displayed in Cyber Space results if an additional action or
function was used.
- Clear times in Arcade Mode, Cyber Space Challenge, and Battle Rush can now be
- The skill camera can now be toggled to best suit your playstyle.
- Sonic’s inertia before he stops can now be adjusted.
- The boost speed retained when airborne can now be adjusted.
- 24 songs have been added to the Juke Box, and a Sound Memory has been added
to each island.
Sonic Frontiers is now available for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC.