Limited Run Games and WayForward have announced the return of Clock Tower, which is scheduled for an early 2024 release for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC.
Clock Tower will release as an “enhanced version” and is the first time that it will be translated and released in North America and Europe. The game is also launching with English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, and Spanish language support.
Here’s an overview of the game:
Originally released on Super Famicom in 1995 in Japan, Clock Tower traps players in the haunting confines of the Barrows family manor, where they’ll be pursued by Scissorman, a murderous, shears-wielding psychopath. As teenage orphan Jennifer Simpson, players will use a point-and-click interface to explore the mansion and search every disturbing corner to find items, reveal secrets, and discover ways to survive Scissorman’s assaults. Without any offensive capabilities, Jennifer must rely on her wits and resourcefulness if she has any hope of escaping with her life and earning one of the game’s multiple endings. A tense atmosphere, chilling sound effects, detailed 2D animations, and randomized elements to maximize replayability demonstrate why Clock Tower is considered a groundbreaking pioneer in the survival-horror genre.
The game will be published digitally in North America and Europe, and a physical version of the game will also follow from Limited Run Games.
Here are some of the features that players can expect from Clock Tower:
- A survival-horror classic, officially translated and brought out of Japan for the first time.
- Run, hide, and survive as you attempt to evade the psychotic Scissorman.
- Atmospheric 2D art, detailed animations, and haunting sound effects.
- Multiple endings and randomized gameplay elements maximize replayability (and jump scares).
- New animated opening, motion-comic cutscenes, and vocal theme song performed by Mary McGlynn.
- Art gallery, save states, and other modern enhancements.
Clock Tower is scheduled for an early 2024 release for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC.