Apart from a concept art image that was shared, there’s very little we know of from this latest project. We do know that the talented team at Techland can indeed create an engaging open-world setting, so fans of Dying Light can look forward to this new game.
Look – Concept art for Techland’s new game
Techland CEO Paweł Marchewka shared a few words about this development:
We’re very happy with what we have accomplished with the Dying Light franchise so far. Moreover, our journey with Dying Light 2 Stay Human has only just begun as we plan to support this game for at least 5 years, with its scope and size matching, if not exceeding, what we have provided our community with during post-launch support for its predecessor.
At the same time, our ambition is to introduce a brand new IP that is vastly different from what we have been doing for the past several years. We want to create a fully next-gen experience. A new fantasy epic set in a sprawling open world, fueled by the skills and experience we have gained as a team over the years, infused with new ideas, passion, and creativity. While we cannot share more details about this project now, we’re all truly invested in it and looking forward to showing it to gamers when the time is right.
Joining the project team are some veteran members from CD Projekt Red, including the likes of (via Gematsu):
- Karolina Stachyra – Narrative director who previously worked with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, plus its downloadable content.
- Arkadiusz Borowik – Narrative lead who previously worked with CD Projekt RED on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, plus its downloadable content.
- Bartosz Ochman – Open world director who previously worked on Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.
- Mario Maltezos – Creative director who previously worked with companies like Ubisoft (Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time), Warner Bros. (Mad Max), and Microsoft.
- David McClure – Lead game designer previously associated with Arkane Studios (DEATHLOOP), Deep Silver, and Playground Games.
- Kevin Quaid – Lead animator with over eight years of experience at Guerrilla Games, working on titles such as Horizon Zero Dawn and its expansion, “The Frozen Wilds.”
- Marcin Surosz – Lead user interface/user experience designer with amazing skill in defining players’ needs, formerly with People Can Fly.
If the team is any indication, this is definitely something that fans of AAA open-world games can get excited about. It’s still a long way out, so we’re looking forward to more updates from Techland as the months go by.