Following the release of the Modern Warfare 2 Remastered Campaign, the third season of Modern Warfare and Warzone goes live today and along with it new maps, modes, weapons, operators, and much much more.
New challenges and playlists will be updated on a weekly basis and if you own the full version of Modern Warfare, you’ll also have access to new multiplayer maps!
Check out the official Season 3 trailer below:
Season 3 will be loaded with new content, as detailed by Activision:
- Talsik Backlot is a high-octane, reimagined, classic 6v6 three-lane map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. In this deserted urban area of Urzikstan, look for a mix of close quarters combat and long-range sniper duels.
- Hovec Sawmill is an all-new 6v6 map tucked away in the mountains of Kastovia. Operators will fight atop rooftops and a rolling river in three-lane firefights featuring mid-to-long-range sightlines.
- Aniyah Incursion is a 6v6 twist on the lavish, yet war-torn Aniyah Palace players have set foot in Ground War and 10v10 in Modern Warfare. Now, players can choose to take advantage of the long sightlines afforded, along with the small crawl spaces within the Palace to flank enemies.
- Coming later this season is Hardhat, an additional remastered 6v6 multiplayer map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare along with Aisle 9, a brand new 2v2 Gunfight map
- Throughout Season Three, players can also join the fight in new game modes including Gun Game Reloaded and Reinfected Ground War.
The free to play battle royale mode Warzone will also see it’s first full season filled with new content as well, including:
- Quads, a new game mode that allows friends to team up in a squad of 4 in both Battle Royale and Plunder.
- Additional playlists for Battle Royale and Plunder that limit the pools to specific weapon types and feature high action modes such as Scopes and Scatter Guns.
- New weapons and blueprints in Supply Boxes and Ground Loot will be introduced throughout the season, along with a robust calendar of XP events, free content, holiday celebrations and more for all players.
Also incoming with the third season will be the introduction of an all new battle pass, with brand new content across 100 tiers of items and challenges. All Modern Warfare players will be able to access the free content tiers but more importantly, earn free COD Points which can be used in the store or toward Battle Pass purchases.
All players can also earn two new functional weapons, the hard-hitting and agile SKS marksman rifle with vast gunsmithing options and the well-rounded Renetti handgun with a variety of attachments for free just by playing.
Those who purchase the Battle Pass, on the other hand, will instantly unlock Alex, the courageous CIA Operator from the Modern Warfare campaign.
The Season Three Battle Pass also includes new vehicle skins, Riley the dog’s finishing move, Tomogunchi Black and dozens of Weapon Blueprints, Operator Skins, cosmetics, XP tokens, COD points and more.