When you’ve got a game that has more concurrent players than GTAV or PUBG on Steam, then you know you have something good. Valheim hit a peak player count of 391,325 just recently and now, has sold over 2 million copies since its early access launch just 2 weeks ago!
An announcement on the Valheim Steam Page reveals this great feat, as accomplished by the merry vikings over at Iron Gate Studios.
Valheim is the latest darling on Steam at the moment, with polished gameplay and a promising outlook despite just being on Early Access.
The Steam overview reads as “A brutal exploration and survival game for 1-10 players, set in a procedurally-generated purgatory inspired by viking culture. Battle, build, and conquer your way to a saga worthy of Odin’s patronage!”
- Huge procedurally-generated world – explore and inhabit mystical lands, from mysterious forests to imposing snow-topped mountain ranges and stunning meadows, complete with their own creatures of legend to battle and wildlife to hunt.
- Co-op PvE (2-10 players) – – Whether you want to brave the lands alone or venture with trusted allies, Valheim supports independent, player-hosted servers and unlimited world creation. We recommend playing co-op with 3-5 players.
- Punishing dodge & block based combat system with a wide range of weapons
- Build & sail ships – from flimsy rafts to imposing warships, build legendary vessels to conquer the seas and discover new lands.
- Summon and defeat vengeful primordial bosses of myth and legend, and collect trophies to progress and craft new powerful items
- Flexible house and base building system – raise mead halls, farms, settlements outposts, castles and more.
- Intuitive item crafting – forge the finest weapons and armour, and craft food and mead.
- Dedicated server- for players who want to run a persistent server. If you prefer not to run a server on your PC, consider renting a server at G-Portal.
Valheim is now available on Steam for $10 or around PHP449.95.