Xbox 20/20 announced, promises monthly updates for the next generation
There’s very little to hide about the Xbox Series X. We already know of the hardware and how it looks, how powerful it will be, features like Quick Resume and Smart Delivery, as well as it being backwards compatible with the previous generation on day one. With some gameplay trailers and the retail price left to find out, Microsoft is crossing one thing from the list as early as a few days from today.
Xbox 20/20 was announced by Jerret West, CVP of Gaming Marketing, as a means to “engage, connect and celebrate with you about what’s in store for the next generation of gaming, including what’s next for Xbox Series X, Xbox Game Studios, Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud. Every month will bring something different.”
The first of many broadcasts will happen on May 7, where Inside Xbox will be focused on featuring third party games, including the much anticipated Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
Microsoft is also committing to a number of things this year despite the problems that COVID-19 has brought about, with Jerret West specifying the following:
- Our goal remains to launch Xbox Series X and ‘Halo Infinite’ this holiday
- All 15 Xbox Game Studios teams are hard at work on next-generation games for Xbox Series X and Xbox Game Pass
- The best development teams around the world are working hard to have their games ready to play on Xbox Series X this holiday
- For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all of our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including ‘Halo Infinite,’ ‘Wastelands 3’ and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- We have new updates and titles lined up for Xbox Game Pass for console and PC
- We’re expanding Project xCloud into new countries and on new devices—and later this year Project xCloud and Xbox Game Pass will come together, enabling you and your friends to play together in more ways.”
Xbox Series X is scheduled to be realeased in the Holiday of 2020.