Wrath Of The Lich King Classic Comes To World Of Warcraft Later This Year
Blizzard has announced that players will be able to go back to the icy realm of Northrend as World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic returns later this year.
Arguably one of the most unforgettable sagas in Warcraft history, players will look to stop the dreaded Lich King Arthas Menethil as he sets in motion his plans to conquer Azeroth. This release will be available at no additional cost to all players with an active WoW subscription.
Watch – Wrath Of The Lich King Classic Cinematic Trailer
“We’re thrilled to revisit one of the most beloved eras in Warcraft history with Wrath of the Lich King Classic,” said Mike Ybarra, President of Blizzard Entertainment. “The original release of this expansion brought many improvements to the game, along with a timeless villain and an epic story. We’re taking care to preserve the authentic Classic experience for those looking to relive their glory days in Northrend—and deliver a worthy and accessible re-creation for those embarking on this vast adventure for the first time.”
Wrath of the Lich King Classic Features
Newcomers and veterans can look forward to the following features later this year:
- The Grim Frozen North: Players will begin their journey in one of two zones in Northrend—Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord—and experience some of the most epic vistas and beloved storylines in all of Warcraft before breaching the seat of the Lich King’s power in Icecrown.
- The Rise of Death Knights: Available to both factions and starting at level 55, Death Knights—WoW’s first hero class—harness the powers of darkness to help combat the evil that threatens Azeroth.
- New profession—Inscription: This new profession allows players to scribe mystical glyphs that alter the appearance and modify the properties of spells and abilities, as well as craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
- Achievements Unlocked: Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players a whole new set of rewards for their exploits and accomplishments.
- Dungeons & Raids: Relive seminal 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and the Culling of Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas in a 10-player raid, an update of its original iteration as a 40-player raid in pre-expansion World of Warcraft.
Death Knight characters will be available for players during a content update prior to the launch of Wrath of the Lich King Classic without any prerequisites or restrictions. Alongside this, players without existing characters can take the advantage of an optional level-70 boost, with details around pricing and availability to be released at a later date.
Who’s ready to go back to Northrend?