Unicorn Overlord Reveals New Details About New Companions and Forging Bonds
SEGA has released new details about the unique characters who will fight alongside you in Unicorn Overlord and how you can forge deeper bonds with them.
Here’s what you need to know about the characters who will join your quest in Unicorn Overlord and the many ways you can interact with them:
Unicorn Overlord – Future Companions
Gilbert (voiced by Mitsuki Saiga)
” You’ve quite the grand vision for yourself, seeking to unify the entire continent. “
Crown prince of Drakenhold.
In the absence of the late king, who tragically perished in battle with Zenoira, Gilbert secretly mobilizes troops to revive his kingdom.
Virginia (voiced by Aya Endo)
” Today… the Knights of the Rose have their vengeance!”
Ilenia’s niece, and one of the few survivors of the Cornian royal family.
Alain views her as an older sister figure.
After the fall of Cornia, she sought refuge in Drakenhold.
Berengaria (voiced by Asami Seto)
” I told you plain, I don’t want you near me. Now go home and bury yourself in your beloved books, why don’t you?”
Former Captain of the Tricorn Mercenaries.
A formidable warrior, she founded the Tricorn Mercenaries and molded them into a reputable fighting force.
One day out of the blue, Berengaria decides to disband the group and vanishes without a trace.
Aramis (voiced by Ryōtarō Okiayu)
” And I, a simple wanderer. You can call me… Aramis.”
A mercenary from Drakenhold that has been hired by the Zenoiran Army. Despite his uncharacteristically sophisticated speech for a mercenary, there is no denying the quality of his swordsmanship.
Unicorn Overlord – Interacting with Characters
You can forge deeper bonds with your companions through battle, meals, and other activities. As your relationships deepen, special conversations can occur, and you can gain bonuses, such as increased might, from being in the same unit.
- Rapport – Rapport signifies the bond between characters. When the rapport of certain characters has reached a particular threshold, rapport conversations can occur between them.
- Rapport Bonus – Fighting together in the same unit increases rapport, and forming a unit with characters who have high rapport can grant Rapport Bonuses.
- Taverns – Rapport also increases when dining at taverns inside of a city or other locations. Seat characters together to boost their rapport. The number of people who can eat together and the amount of rapport you can gain will vary based on the menu.
- Giving Gifts – You can give gifts to characters stationed as guards. When you give a gift, their rapport with Alain will increase. The boost will be even more significant if they like the item.
- Rite of Covenant – When Alain has reached maximum rapport with a companion, he can gift them a special ring. Only one person can be selected as the recipient.
Unicorn Overlord is scheduled to release on March 8, 2024, for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series, and Switch.