Sony unveils the new PlayStation App, now available for download
Out with the old and in with the new, when messages were a separate thing that didn’t make sense at all. In a post on the PlayStation Blog, the new PlayStation app was announced which streamlines the experience and gives it a sleek new look. Oh, and it’s now available for download!
The new PlayStation app features PS4 and PS5 integration, and showcases an updated user interface for easier access across activities. Some of the key features of the app include:
- Messages integration – For a unified experience, the PS Messages app feature will now be integrated in the updated PS App so you can seamlessly message your friends all in one place.
- Voice Chat and Party Groups – You can now create party groups from PS App, and voice chat with up to 15 other friends though your mobile phone.
- Natively integrated PlayStation Store and remote downloads – The new native PS Store experience enables fast and smooth shopping and browsing, with the ability to remotely download games and add-ons directly to your PS4 and PS5.
- New features for PS5 – When PS5 arrives, you’ll be able to remotely launch games, manage storage on your console if you run out of space while downloading a game, and quickly sign in to PS5 straight from the PS App.
- All the latest PlayStation news – The Explore tab surfaces Official News from game developers and PS Blog content to help you stay up to date with the world of PlayStation.