Watch Dogs Legion will be free to play and massively discounted this weekend
Watch Dogs Legion received a significant update just recently, which added an online multiplayer mode to the game. That’s a huge post-launch content drop, and if you’ve been wanting to try it out to see what the fuss is all about, you’ll get the perfect opportunity this weekend as Ubisoft has announced a limited-time free trial weekend from March 26-29, with preloads available on the 25th.
Players across all platforms where Watch Dogs Legion is available will be able to try out the game, specifically until the “Skye Larssen Mission” in the story campaign, as well as the online mode, with all your progress carrying over should you choose to purchase it after the trial period ends. PlayStation and Xbox players will need their corresponding PS Plus or Xbox Live subscriptions to access the online mode.
- Xbox: From March 23 to April 15 – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions.
- PlayStation: From March 24 to 31 – 55% off of the Standard edition, 40 percent off of the Ultimate edition and 20 percent off of the season pass
- Ubisoft Store on Windows PC: From March 18 to April 9 – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25 percent off of the season pass
- Epic Games Store on Windows PC: March 25 to April 8 – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25 percent off of the season pass
Additionaly, Ubisoft has revealed the post-launch content for Watch Dogs Legion, which includes:
- Leader of the Pack, the first Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency, is available to play in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Working with a whistle-blower, DedSec uncovers a deadly initiative that brings the next level of hive-mind based AI on Urban Drone Warfare. They must race to stop the program at its tracks and will discover a hidden terrifying threat at the heart of it all.
- In late-May, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan favourite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is intense and challenging and will need a team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
For Season pass owners:
- In late-April, Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals will be available alongside a new mission.
- Late-June will see the release Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single player campaign and online.
- In August, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
Watch Dogs Legion is now available for the PS4 / PS5, Xbox One / Xbox Series, Stadia, and PC.