Blizzard Entertainment has announced that Diablo IV will have its Early Access and Open Beta starting March 17, 2023 for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.
Revealed during IGN FanFest, players that have pre-purchased Diablo IV will receive early access to the open beta from March 17-19. The open beta, which will be available to everyone, will run from March 24-26. During these periods, players will be able to access the Prologue and the entirety of Act I, and will be able to level up their character until level 25.
It has to be said that since this is simply an open beta ahead of its June 6 release, the experience is not yet finalized and players may encounter issues along the way. The Blizzard team will be evaluating all of the feedback from these tests and will make changes as needed.
For players that have pre-purchased the game digitally, no further action is required to be able to access the beta. As for those with a beta early access code, you may follow the steps below to redeem it:
- Go to diablo.com/beta and log in or create your Battle.net account.
- Enter your code and select your gaming platform and region (if applicable) from the drop-down menu.
- Be sure to check your selections before clicking the Redeem button.
- A success page will confirm that your code was valid and claimed to the account.
- For PC players, your account will be flagged for access right away.
- For console players, a platform-specific code to download the Beta will be emailed to the address associated with your Battle.net account closer to the start of Early Access.
Diablo IV is launching on June 6, 2023 for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.