While it may be a relatively unheard of title for most, Edge of Eternity is an upcoming JRPG that is coming off of a successful Steam Early Access campaign, making it a game fans of the genre should definitely look out for.
Edge of Eternity is scheduled to release on June 8 for the PC, with console ports coming in towards the end of 2021.
Developed by Midgar Studio and published by Dear Villagers (also publishers of Astria Ascending), Edge of Eternity was a product of a successful Kickstarter campaign that raised over $160,000 from their $44,000 target. The project includes the work of the none other than Yasunori Mitsuda, whose body of work consists of masterpieces like the Chrono Trigger and Xenogears soundtracks.
Here are some features of the game:
– An enthralling JRPG adventure where your choices matter: Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
– A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
– A stunning soundtrack from the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda.
– A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
– A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.
Save 33% on the game if you purchase it through Steam but if you’re waiting for a PlayStation and Xbox Game Pass release, look forward to Q4 2021.