With a little over one month to go before the release of the much anticipated Mass Effect Legendary Edition on May 14, the hype levels just keep rising as new details have been released highlighting the changes of the upcoming remaster from its previous installments.
Courtesy of IGN, an 11 minute video gives us a performance preview and shows us the updates done by Bioware to make this release worthy of the “Legendary Edition” tag.
A detailed post on the EA website shows a number of updates, ranging from categories like Combat Tuning, Gameplay Improvements, and even changes to the beloved Mako vehicle from the first game.
Here are some of the highlights:
- All relevant enemies now take headshot damage in the first game
- Ammo mods (Anti-Organic, Anti-Synthetic, etc.) can now drop throughout the whole game
- All weapons can be used by any class without penalty
- Squadmates can now be commanded independently of each other in the first Mass Effect, the same way you can command them individually in Mass Effect 2 and 3
- Some boss fights and enemies in the first game have been tweaked to be fairer for players but still challenging
- Cover has been improved across the trilogy
Other updates such as unifying your custom created Shepard throughout the trilogy as well as additional customization options have been included in this release.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is scheduled for a May 14 release on the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC.