Another day, another NBA 2K22 courtside report. The updates are coming in hot before its anticipated release later this week and this time around, 2K is putting the spotlight on The City updates coming to the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series.
The latest NBA 2K22 courtside report outlines a whole bevy of features for The City, including a vibrant basketball community, a variety of rewards and activities, and a fresh new MyCAREER story with an original quest-driven narrative, cutscenes, and vibe.
The City for The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series will highlight the following innovations:
- New City Quests will be solo ventures for players to experiment with their careers off the court, from becoming a fashion mogul to a rap icon;
- An increased population will make The City feel as if it’s teeming with life, featuring new NPCs to fully bring the world around you together;
- Ability to upgrade your crib – such as a penthouse with a zipline to take you directly to specific courts – as a player’s home plays a part in MyCAREER as a location where coaches and friends will give players new quests;
- Explore new buildings added to The City, including a matchmaking building and Club 2K, where players can access music from some of the hottest labels that drop with every Season;
- Rewards include new ways to get around The City, such as Go-Karts and Inline Skates, new emotes, intros and outros, animations, customized name plates and more.
For PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC, The Neighborhood makes a return in the form of “Cancha del Mar”, which is a cruise ship designed to house various activities that will keep players busy for seasons to come.