If there’s anything about the previous Assassin’s Creed games, it’s that there is a TON of content to burn through, whether it be in the base game of through DLC’s. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be no different, as Ubisoft has revealed its post-launch and season pass plans for the game, which include 2 expansions via the Season Pass and 4 free DLC’s.
In Spring 2021, the first expansion called “Wrath of the Druids” will take players on a journey to Ireland and unravel the mysteries of an ancient and mysterious druidic cult, tracking and discovering their members.
Scheduled in Summer 2021 will be “The Siege of Paris”, which will give players the chance to relive the most ambitious battle in Viking History with key historical figures of war-torn Frankia. During this key moment in history, players will infiltrate the fortified city of Paris and the River Seine under a prolonged siege, uncover enemy secrets, and form strategic alliances to safeguard their clan’s future..
Of course, if you’ve purchased either the Gold, Ultimate, or Collector’s edition of the game, then you’ll gain access to the Season Pass automatically as it will be included in the package that also includes “The Legend of Beowulf” quest, where players will uncover the monstrous truth behind the legend of Beowulf.
Don’t really care about the Season pass at all? Got you covered, as seasonal content updates spanning three months each will be accessible to all players, with the first event being available in late 2020.
Season 1 will launch in December 2020 with the following content planned:
- A new settlement area, allowing players to continue to grow and evolve their settlement.
- A traditional Viking Festival: the Yule Festival, for players to experience in their settlement.
- A new game mode: the River Raids. Building on Valhalla’s core raiding mechanic the mode will deliver a dynamic, challenging and highly replayable raid experience.
- The addition of the Ranks for Jomsviking: in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla players can not only create their lieutenant to be part of their raiding crew, but also recruit some from their friends and the community. In Season 1, players will see an update to the Jomsviking feature which will allow their Jomsviking to earn XP and rank up – the higher will be the rank of the lieutenant, the more silver players will earn when recruited by other players.
- Finally, as for each season, Season 1 will also come with new player skills and abilities, weapons and gear, and cosmetic items for the settlement, longship, horse and raven.
Season 2 will launch in March 2021 with a new game mode that builds on Valhalla’s core combat experiences, a new Jomsviking update, festivals in the Settlement, new gear and cosmetic items, and more. More information about Season 3 and 4 will be come at a later time.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is scheduled to release on November 10 across current and next-gen consoles.