Last August, a co-op multiplayer mode for Ghost of Tsushima was announced entitled “Legends” and we now have a release date for it!
As announced on the PlayStation Blog, the version 1.1 update for Ghost of Tsushima will release on October 16 and will bring with it the Legends co-op multiplayer mode along with a host of new improvements like the addition of gear loadouts, new dyes and charms, as well as the much requested new game +.
Best of all? This is a FREE update!
You can view the update trailer below:
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends will feature two-player story missions and four-player survival missions, including a raid that will follow a few weeks after launch, all of which will require an active PS Plus Subscription.
There will be a new NPC by the name of Gyozen the Storyteller, who will give you access to the new game mode, which will alternatively be accessible from the title or pause menu as well.
There are 4 classes in Legends, each with their own advantages and style of play. You’ll unlock a class on your first game, and will unlock others as you rank up. You’ll also be able to obtain and equip class specific charms and weapons.
The Samurai class specializes in sword combat, utilizing his weapon and staying in the thick of the fight. The Hunter specializes in distance combat, staying on the edge of the battlefield while sniping the enemies. Ronins act as the support of the team, able to revive teammates when the going gets rough, even being able to summon a Spirit dog which you can pet. Assassins are specialists in heavy damage, being able to teleport across the field to strike the enemies.
There are 3 different types of missions in Legends. Story missions can be taken on by two players and will tell of the stories of Gyozen. Survival missions will have you for a team of 4 players to repel waves of enemies all while defending different locations. Raids will be the pinnacle missions of Legends, and will be a three-part adventure that only a full team can conquer.
Ghost of Tsushima: Legends will also have new trophies for all of you trophy hunters out there and will be a separate list that will not be part of the platinum trophy of the base game.
Version 1.1 will also include the following updates:
- New Game + will increase the difficulty but will also let you keep all of your techniques, gear, and vanity items from your previous playthrough.
- New Game + Trophies that will be a separate list that will not be part of the platinum trophy of the base game.
- New Game + Horse with a new saddle
- New charms and additional upgrades for your Sword, Bow, and Armor
- Armor loadouts
- Ghost Flower Merchant which allows the player to earn Ghost Flowers (only in New Game +) and obtain new armor dyes and vanity gear, as well as powerful new charms that will give you more ways to beat your opponents. Take a peek at the new gear below!
Ghost of Tsushima version 1.1 update will go live on October 16 and is a free update for Ghost of Tsushima owners.