We’re about 2 weeks away from the launch of NBA 2K22 and finally, 2K have released its first official gameplay trailer featuring some of the hottest superstars of the league and the latest rosters.
Of course, as you would expect, the trailer will show some cinematic aspects to it but it is certainly taken from the ‘next-gen’ versions of the game so everything from the player models down to the sweat will faithfully be reflected in the final version.
Check it out below!
Notably missing from the trailer are reigning MVP Nikola Jokic and Finals MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo but we do get to see some highlights from the young guns of the league like LaMelo Ball, Cover athlete Luka Doncic, and even first-pick Cade Cunningham.
Along with this trailer, NBA 2K22 also announced some new innovations courtesy of a brand new courtside report:
- Defense & Defensive AI: Completely rebuilt shot contest and blocking systems, a significant update to the fundamental defensive rotations, and much more;
- Dribbling: Players will experience a unique feel and rhythm when sizing up, significantly faster overall pace and much tighter control in navigating the court, and a ton of other new combos, cancels, and move chains;
- Post Play: Upgrades highlight loads of new content, including new movement and a new arsenal of back-to-basket moves;
- Shooting: There’s a new shot meter that will dynamically expand when players take high-quality shots with good shooters but will shrink when heavily contested, shooting with a low-rated shooter, or fatigued. NBA 2K22 puts more emphasis on Shot IQ, meaning the teams that work for open looks and take smart shots are going to see much more success than the teams that force up bad shots;
- Finishing: Along with a focus on creating more of a skill gap for finishing at the rim, players can also completely customize their dunk repertoire with an all-new Dunk Style Creator;
- Builds, Badges & Takeover: Adjustments to create more balanced builds, and an increase of the total badge count to 80, offer many ways for players to impact the game. Additionally, NBA 2K22 for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles introduces Takeover Perks, which you can unlock to strengthen your existing Takeover abilities.
NBA 2K22 will release on September 10 for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC.