Apart from The Game Awards, there are other annual award-giving shows and bodies, one of which is the Golden Joystick Awards. The show just ended a few hours ago, and maybe to no one’s surprise, The Last of Us Part II wins big. How big? Very big, bagging a total of 5 awards including Game of the Year.
Our review of The Last of Us Part II gave it high praise, calling it a technical triumph that reminds us of the brilliance of Naughty Dog, which also won the Best Studio award.
Other winners were Fall Guys for best multiplayer, Hades for best Indie, and Sandra Saad as Kamala Khan for best performer.
You can view the whole list of winners below:
- Best Storytelling – The Last of Us 2
- Best Multiplayer Game – Fall Guys
- Best Visual Design – The Last of Us 2
- Best Game Expansion – No Man’s Sky: Origins
- Mobile Game of the Year – Lego Builder’s Journey
- Best Audio – The Last of Us 2
- Best Indie Game – Hades
- Still Playing – Minecraft
- Studio of the Year – Naughty Dog
- Esports Game of the Year – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Best New Streamer / Broadcaster – iamBrandon
- Best Family Game – Fall Guys
- Best Gaming Community – Minecraft
- Best Performer – Sandra Saad (Kamala Khan)
- Breakthrough Award – Innersloth (Among Us)
- Outstanding Contribution – The Gaming Industry
- PC Game of the Year – Death Stranding
- Best Gaming Hardware – NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
- PlayStation Game of the Year – The Last of Us 2
- Xbox Game of the Year – Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Nintendo Game of the Year – Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Most Wanted Game – God of War: Ragnarok
- Critic’s Choice – Hades
- Ultimate Game of the Year – The Last of Us 2
The Game Awards nominees have also been announced, and you can already start voting for your choices to win. Do you think The Last of Us Part II will win the coveted Game of the Year award again? Let us know!