THQ Nordic and Frozenbyte have announced the return of the Trine series with Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC in Summer 2023.
Trine 5 will see the return of Amadeus the Wizard, Zoya the Thief, and Pontius the Knight as they take on an adventure set in a fantastical fairy tale world that offers twenty magical levels to explore.
Players can take on the adventure alone or with up to three friends in online or local co-op, and in this fifth entry in the classic series, puzzles will change difficulty according to the number of players, with the game also offering a skill quest system, and new tactical multi-phase boss fights.
Here’s an overview of the game:
Traverse breathtaking landscapes in Trine’s deepest and visually richest chapter to date, with an all-new cast of characters as a riveting story awaits with the heroes’ reputations tarnished, their friends and families in danger, and their enchanted powers at stake. Trine 5 will take Amadeus the Wizard, Zoya the Thief, and Pontius the Knight on their most action-packed journey yet!
- A beautiful 2.5D world with twenty gorgeous levels ready for players to explore!
- Local and online multiplayer — play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Puzzles with plenty of replayability and dynamic physics — encounter fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with puzzles tailored both for solo and co-op play.
- Challenging combat — fight against the unstoppable Clockwork Knights and the cunning Rat Gang in engaging and tactical battles and try your wits and courage in formidable boss fights!
- Difficulty settings for combat, puzzles, and character resurrection — the game welcomes everyone’s own playstyle.
- Experience the mesmerizing soundtrack, with songs that capture the essence of each unique environment, as well as a voice cast of returning favourites and charming new additions
Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy is coming to PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch, and PC in Summer 2023.