A developer update recently aired featuring executive producer John Hight and during the show, the coveted Collectors Edition of the upcoming Shadowlands expansion was revealed.
This limited edition copy of the expansion will feature a ton of content, both physical and in-game items, including:
- Hardback Art of the Shadowlandsbook
- Shattered sky mousepad
- Set of 4 collector’s pins featuring the sigils of each Shadowlands covenant
- Shadowlands Collector’s Edition digital soundtrack key
- Epic Edition digital game key, which comes with 30 days of game time and all of the in-game extras from the digital Epic Edition like the Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount, Anima Wyrmling pet, Eternal Traveler’s Hearthstone, Illusion: Wraithchill cosmetic weapon effect, and a Shadowlands-level character boost
Local availability has not been confirmed as of writing, but we’re quite confident that this will reach our shores like previous expansions.
The developer update also highlighted a number of new features for the upcoming expansion, which will allow players to explore the Shadowlands, dubbed as ‘an infinite plane where mortal souls go to be reborn, serve, do battle, or endure endless torment.’
- Pledge yourself to a covenant and shape your destiny. The Covenants hold dominion over the Shadowlands; choose between Bastion’s valiant Kyrian or Revendreth’s cunning Venthyr, fight for the mighty Necrolords of Maldraxxus, or seek renewal with the untamed Night Fae of Ardenweald.
- Take on the boundless challenge of Torghast, Tower of the Damned. The vilest souls in existence are damned to suffer eternal torment in this horrific, otherworldly prison.
- Journey through a new leveling experience. Level up your next hero through a fully revamped 1–50 experience where every level is meaningful, then advance to the new level cap of 60 in the Shadowlands.
- And more… Endure the Jailer’s watchful eye in the Maw, an outdoor zone where the challenge mounts the longer you linger; forge Soulbinds withkey characters to share their distinct powers; restore your Covenant’s Sanctum to glory; and much more.
You can view the full developer update below: