Resident Evil movies will be getting a reboot
Let’s face it, the Resident Evil movies were not really how we imagined them to be. While it was a decent popcorn film, the series deserves much better, which is why there is some good news about it saying that the Resident Evil movies will be getting a reboot and a return to Spencer Mansion and Raccoon City.
According to Deadline, a new adaptation of the Resident Evil movies is coming and will be faithful to the first 2 games, with the story being “set in 1998 on a fateful night in Raccoon City”, and will be helmed by Writer-Director Johannes Roberts.
We have our early peek at the cast, which you can see below:
- Robbie Amell (Upload) as Chris Redfield
- Avan Jogia (Zombieland: Double Tap) as Leon Kennedy
- Kaya Scodelario (Maze Runner) as Claire Redfield
- Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man) as Jill Valentine
- Tom Hopper (The Umbrella Academy) as Wesker
- Neal McDonough (Yellowstone) as William Birkin
“With this movie, I really wanted to go back to the original first two games and re-create the terrifying visceral experience I had when I first played them whilst at the same time telling a grounded human story about a small dying American town that feels both relatable and relevant to today’s audiences,” said Roberts, who is also known for his work on 47 Meters Down.