Resident Evil Village will support Adaptive triggers and Haptic feedback for the PS5
Resident Evil Village, the latest in the long running series, is coming next year barring any delays but while we wait, there’s some new information to get us excited.
According to the Resident Evil Village PS5 product page, this version will take advantage of the next-gen hardware and will feature Dynamic 4K with Ray Tracing along with fast loading times. More than the upgraded visuals, Village will also highlight certain PS5 specific features such as uses for the Adaptive Triggers and Haptic Feedback. This will be key, as the DualSense can definitely boost the gaming experience for next-gen titles, most especially horror games.
The PS5 features read as follows:
- Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village’s beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K* with Ray Tracing.
- Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console’s ultra-high speed SSD.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
- Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
Many media outlets have already praised the DualSense controller, with others dubbing it as a definitive next-gen controller. It can and will elevate the gaming experience, but only if developers take the time to actually integrate these features in their games. Capcom doing this for Village will only mean good things for players, as an immersive experience can greatly benefit a Resident Evil playthrough.
Resident Evil Village is currently set for a 2021 release and Capcom might be considering a release for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One but at the moment, you’ve got to hop on the next-gen train to continue the Resident Evil saga.